jueves, 3 de septiembre de 2009

FIRST SET OF TRANSCRIPTIONS

Hello students!!

The passage you have to transcribe for Friday 11 is called "The Hundredth anniversary of the first modern English pronunciation dictionary" (2009) by Beverly Collins.
Only transcribe the introduction, "previous work", "appearances and sources" and "transcription system".
You´ll find the link below:

http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/ptlc/ptlc2009/ptlc2009-proceedings/ptlc2009_Collins_023_ed.pdf

It´s taken from a paper presented at the "Phonetics Teaching and Learning Conference 2009" (University College London)

Please carry out corrections with a colour pen as usual and use the dictionary at all times.
Remember that if yor paper lacks corrections I will give it back so that you complete your work.

Please leave them in the "Phonetics" box at the Department of Modern Languages.

Thank you!
Laura


Laura

5 comentarios:

Jimena dijo...

Hi Susan, I have a question. Are cosentino's classes starting next week?? Thanks!!!!

Susan dijo...

As I told you on the day of the opening class, Cosentino has a leave till September 11th. Therefore,in the mean time you should attend Chiusano´s practical classes.


Susan

arias, mara dijo...

Hello, I just read this notification but I have to inform you That i wont be able to turn in the trabscriptions for friday 11 because i`m not in mar del plata at this moment. I`m near Pinamar working just for this week. Thus,even though i can do the trancriptions, i cannot turn in them that date. I`ll arrive to mar del plata on sunday 13, so i was thinking if i could turn in the transcriptions on monday 14, taking into account these circumstances. I`ll be very please if you agree with my idea. I`m a very responsible student and i woul like to work as hard as my´classmates. thank you, and I`ll be waiting for your response!
Arias, Mara.

M.Alessandria dijo...

Hello, I wanted to tell you that I left my set of transcriptions in the box today at 12:40, but there were only 2 more sets (you have taken them before). Anyway, I just wanted you to know that my set is in the box, that I did the homework. I hope you can take check it.
Thanks and sorry for being late.
M.A.

Susan dijo...

No problem Mara.


Be seeing U tomorrow.

Susan